Friday, December 28, 2012

Heading Home

Today we head home from our extended honeymoon. We're leaving a carefree summer in the land down under and heading back to the wet winter clouds that preside over Vancouver.

It's not all bad. We can swap the surf boards for snowboards, the flat whites for real coffee, the endless days of vacation for work weeks in the office, the sunscreen for raincoats, the 16 hours of sunshine for 16 hours of darkness. (Ouch.)

Actually there are some things that I really am looking forward to getting back to. My own bed, really good sushi, being productive, clothing that doesn't smell like its been living in a 20 year old backpack for 11 weeks, real internet, but mostly it's my friends and family I miss. (I know, *groan*, so predictable.)

And as we pack up in preparation for the 20 hour journey home, I'd like to stop and thank everyone that has been following my blog. Sadly, today is the last post (#80). I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

Also, I really need to thank SP. He's been such a good sport with all the blog related activities, but more than that, I've had such a great time traveling with him. What can I say, life's good.

Cheers,
-E







1 comment:

  1. Good work on your Blog Missy! I miss you guys, see you when you get home!

    -Love
    The Andrew

    ReplyDelete